– The Budget has given a big thrust to Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises (MSMEs) to boost employment and economic growth.
– A sum of Rs. 3794 crore has been provided for giving credit support, capital and interest subsidy and for innovations.
– MUDRA Yojana launched in April, 2015 has led to the sanction of Rs.4.6 lakh crore in credit from 10.38 crore MUDRA loans.
– 76% of loan accounts are women and more than 50% belong to SCs, STs, and OBCs.
– It is proposed to set a target of Rs.3 lakh crore for lending under MUDRA for 2018-19 after having successfully exceeded the targets in all previous years.